- We challenged kids with the North Fork Valley Science Adventure Summer Camp to photograph their favorite things in nature at Paonia River Park. Click here to see some of their most beautiful shots.
- We just completed a Master Plan that will guide the development of trails and other improvements at the Paonia River Park
- The North Fork Alternative Plan—A Community-based Proposal for Managing BLM Oil and Gas Development in the North Fork and Smith Fork watersheds.
- Our green team worked with the County to install a free recycling center at the Hotchkiss Transfer station. Join the green team and help make recycling more accessible to our community.
- What was once an instream gravel pit is now a community river park, providing rare public access to the North Fork of the Gunnison. Get the latest updates here!
- The Conservation Center has been monitoring water quality for the last decade. Find out why and what we’ve learned by visiting our Water Monitoring page.
- Join us for our many educational events and outings.
- Coal mining has a long history in our region. The Conservation Center works tirelessly to make sure local coal mines minimize their impacts on the environment.
- The Conservation Center spent decades working to protect permanent water rights for the Black Canyon of the Gunnison and the Gunnison Gorge.
We need volunteers to help with recycling at Paonia’s Cherry Days Festival July 3-5 – Sign up to join our Green Team!